“It is much easier to put existing resources to better use than to develop resources where they do not exist.” -George Soros
Ask just about anyone who runs an online business what their biggest obstacle is, and chances are they’ll say “getting more traffic.”
You need traffic to build an email list.
You need traffic to make sales.
You need traffic to fill your coaching programs.
So the big question is, where do you get all that traffic?
Sure, you could buy Facebook or Google ads, but if you aren’t careful, you might just fill your list with less-than-ideal subscribers and that will do nothing for your sales. You could focus your time and energy on search engine optimization but unless you have years to build your business (and who does?) then SEO should not be your top choice.
Good thing you have other options. Here’s 3 other options to get more traffic…
Be a Guest
Everyone needs content. It’s the one thing that remains consistent among all content creators—there is never enough. That’s where you can help.
By guest posting on blogs similar to your own, you can essentially “borrow” some of their traffic.
You can’t simply regurgitate old content and send it out in a dozen directions though. To get the best results, you’ll want to:
• Create custom content designed with your host’s unique audience in mind.
• Provide stellar value with actionable ideas and strategies not found everywhere else.
• Inject your personality so those new to you will instantly connect with you.
• Offer a compelling reason to click through to your website or blog for more information.
No list? Here’s a quick way to “borrow” someone else’s list to jumpstart your own: Schedule a free event with a partner.
Here’s how it works…
1. You (as the one with the small list) create a compelling, free training which leads naturally to a low-cost, no-brainer product.
2. Install an affiliate tracking system such as aMember, Infusionsoft or 1Shopping Cart.
3. Offer your best affiliates a higher percentage of profits in exchange for co-hosting your webinar and bringing their traffic along for the ride.
This is a win/win for both of you, as you gain the traffic while your affiliate gets a bigger payday. Just be sure you have a good funnel in place so that your new list members can benefit from all that you have to offer.
Want to really show off your expert status and bring traffic back to your site, too? The easiest way is to get on the interview circuit. Just like authors with new books and actors with new movies, coaches, marketers, service providers and other entrepreneurs can get in front of new audiences simply by answering questions about what they know.
Of course, you’re probably not going to appear on the Today Show or Oprah (although that’s not impossible), but there are still plenty of opportunities out there for entrepreneurs in every niche.
Look for interview and speaking opportunities on:
• Other blogs
• Periscope and Blab
• Local events
• Industry conferences
Start by reaching out to your colleagues and to podcast and blog hosts you most admire. Get the word out with your friends and your list that you’re looking for opportunities.
Even if you don’t yet have a list of your own, it’s easy (and fun) to jumpstart your audience growth simply by making yourself available for different opportunities. Each guest post, podcast interview and webinar is another chance to get in front of a whole new audience, so take advantage of it!